CAFO acts as the Staff Officer to the Principal Accounting Officer (PAO) / Secretary of Ministry or Division in matters of Accounts and Financial rules.
• Incorporate monthly account in the next following month in central iBAS++ within the schedule date specified by CGA.
• Reconcile pre-audit cheque as per procedure laid down in TAD manual.
• Rectify error detected in ministry account through Journal Entry.
• Reconcile with the departments drawing fund from own office.
• Draw Management Report from iBAS++ and discuss with PAO.
• Oversee the trend of collection of revenue and expenditure and advise PAO on financial discipline.
• Assist PAO in the preparation of budget estimate and provide her/him with advice on expenditure control.
• Ensure reliability of data and prevent possibility of manipulation of data.
• Liaise with CGA for collection of reports from the system.
• Prepare Annual Appropriation Account and obtain approval of PAO before sending it to CGA for onward transmission to Audit Directorate.
• Ensure correctness of balance of the Public Account.
• Ensure correctness of account of the concerned ministry/division incorporated by DCA, DAFO and UAO.
Pre- Audit Functions:
• Settle pay, pension and other claims of persons/offices/agencies drawing money from her/his office within a reasonable time.
• Maintain GPF accounts of all subscribers and make advance/ final payment of GPF and issue Deposit Account Slip to all subscribers within 30 September.
• Fixation of pay of staffs and officers drawing pay from her/his office as per rule.
• Perform all the administrative functions as head of office.
• Distribute works among the staff and officers of her/his office.
• Internal transfer of officers and staff.
• Sanction leave to officers and staffs of her/his office as per rule.
• Take disciplinary action against staffs under her/him.
• Impart training to the staff under her/him.
• Settle audit observations against her/his office.
• Sanction rest & recreation leave and GPF advance to non-gazette staffs of her/his office.
• Prepare budget estimate and maintain record of accounts of her/his office.
• Supervise work, discipline and security of her/his office.
• Issue pay slip and last pay certificate, as and when necessary, to officers & staffs under her/his pay and accounting domain.
• Maintain leave account of gazetted officers under her/his pay and accounting domain.
• Settle claims of development expenditure and issue authority to DCA/DAFO/UAO for centrally administrated ADP budget.
• Maintain broadsheet of loans &advances of officers and staff under her/his pay and accounting domain.
• Send routine reports and returns to higher authority as per provision.
• Send information, data to Ministry of Finance/ CGA as and when asked for.
• Perform others duties instructed by Ministry of Finance/ CGA from time to time.
• Support Budget Management Committee (BMC) of the concerned Ministry/Division with requisite data and advice.